Friday, August 31, 2007

We're in Beijing!!!

Hey, everybody! Brooks here. Well, it's been quite the journey so far. Four airplanes through five airports, and 35 hours later we have arrived in the first city on our list. Part of what makes it even weirder than just the time change was crossing the date line -- left home just after noon on Wednesday, landed here just before noon on Friday. Settled into the room early afternoon and started crashing hard soon thereafter. I managed to stay awake long enough to go on the group field trip to a nearby grocery store, but by the time I returned, of our family I was the last man standing. Okay, technically I would be the only man, but you know what I mean.

It's now just after 3 in the morning and Liam, Dianne, and I are wide awake again. They got up before me. I awoke to see Dianne holding Liam up to the window to see all of the nighttime traffic. Serious flashback -- took me back to London, 1976, my first overseas trip, and my Dad and I did the same thing. :)

Obviously not a whole lot to share yet, but Dianne snapped a couple of photos on the China Southern flight from Los Angeles to Guangzhou. Assuming I can get them uploaded to Our Fotki Photo Album, you can find them in the Beijing album.

[A special thanks to JoAnne K. for the Huggies bath mitts! Without those we would never have gotten our sleepy Liam cleaned up last night when he was far too cranky to endure a bath in the tub! -Dianne]

With any luck, we'll have pics of Liam celebrating his 3rd birthday atop the Great Wall later today! Tune in again . . .

-Brooks

1 comment:

Jo Garrett said...

Hi Guys!
I miss and love you and can't wait to see you and baby Ellie! Please be safe and know that we're thinking about you constantly. I'll be staying up tonight into the wee hours so that I'll be awake and thinking of you at the exact moment you get Ellie!
Much love always, Aunt Jo